Is it time to service your jewelry? Yes, I said, “service your jewelry”.
You change the oil in your car regularly, right? You have your air conditioner serviced before it hits 100 degrees in summer? How about your teeth? You see the dentist every 6 months for cleaning, and you change the batteries in your smoke detectors when the time changes. So, why aren’t you bringing your jewelry in for us to inspect and clean, every 6 months?
Roper’s offers this service for FREE.
We’re happy to clean and inspect your jewelry. Now you’re wondering, what are we
- Worn or broken tips. Your stones are usually held in by small prongs of gold, silver or platinum. Over
time that metal wears out, or can even break off. If we catch that in time, we can re-prong or re-tip the piece before the
stones fall out.
- Cracks or breaks in the structure of the ring. Sometimes these can’t be seen from the top, but upon closer inspection, those small cracks can be the cause of loose stones.
- White gold may need to be rhodium finished to bring it back to the luster it started with.
- Pendants can have worn bails (the part the chain runs through).
- Chains can be stretched, broken or just plain worn out.
There are lots of other things we look for, all in the name of keeping your jewelry in good shape to wear, as well as beautiful to look at. At the end of the day, our jewelry is special to us. It’s filled with sentiment and attached to some of the most important moments of our lives.
It takes a little attention to keep it in beautiful condition, but we think it’s worth it.